For a small town in Oklahoma, Durant truly has an event for everyone. Whether it’s a cultural festival, a live comedy special, an exclusive family event, or an unforgettable outdoor adventure—year after year—people from all over come to experience first-hand the lure of Durant; small-town charm combined with a western flare and a much-celebrated history of Native American Indians.
Durant (OK), a population of 20,000, offers a burgeoning calendar of events, providing even the most experienced travelers and visitors with a menu of attractions, events, and activities that is just about ideal for anybody to enjoy and remember forever.
So to save you all the trouble of having to look, I have put together an amazing list of events for the month of March to get you out of the house and enjoying the best of Durant (OK). Check it out here:
- Throwback Thursdays @ Wright’s Drive In on Thursday, March 2nd – It’s a Grease throwback – so polish up those classic cars, dust off your poodle skirts and leather jackets and come out with the whole family to celebrate the 50s, 60s. 70s. Plus, there will be plenty of food to keep you well-nourished as you relive the yesterdays! Call for more details: 580-924-4793
- Choctaw Festival of Gaming @ Choctaw Casino & Resort (Grand Theater), March 3rd – 5th. 3 days and 2 nights of just blissful gaming! We’re talking cash prizes and a host of eSport gaming events and competitions to keep the excitement levels sky high. Can I get an OMG here! Find out more details on cost, times, etc.
- Burning of the Socks @ Lake Texoma on Saturday, March 18th – Yep, you heard right! The 2nd annual Burning of the Socks was such a BIG hit last year that they had to do it again. It’s an all-day extravaganza of fun activities for the entire family. So what are you still doing reading? Circle this date on your calendar and in the meantime start rounding up those old winter socks. Hands down, this is one of the coolest ways to bring in the spring! For more information: www.laketexomaonline.com or 580-564-2334
- Friday & Saturday Concerts @ Choctaw Casino & Resort (Grand Theater) during the entire month of March. If you’re from the Durant area then you already know that there isn’t a weekend where there’s not something AMAZING going on at the Grand Theater. But for those out-of-towners here’s the March line up. Visit Choctaw Casinos for show times, tickets, etc.
- Alan Jackson – SOLD OUT! March 10th
- Cody Johnson – SOLD OUT! March 17th
- Pedro Fernandez – Tickets on sale NOW! – Saturday, March 18th
- Brian Wilson –Tickets on sale NOW! – Friday, March 31st
- The Oak Ridge Boys with Neal McCoy – SOLD OUT! Friday March 24th
- Chicago with JD & the Straight Shot – SOLD OUT! Saturday, March 25
Durant is never short of events and activities, especially for those into learning more about the area’s early beginnings and rich cultural history. One place that should make your list is Fort Washita Historic Site & Museum (see information below).
- Fort Washita Historic Site & Museum – open 7 days a week from 9am-4pm. Fort Washita is a beautiful site that dates back to 1842 and gives you something extra special for your trip to Durant. Stop by and see Civil War reenactments while embarking on a journey back to the past as you explore well-preserved structures that tell the story of what life was like before and during the Civil War.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of events taking place in Durant (OK), so be sure to check out these sites too: durantchamber.org, choctawcasinos.com, okhistory.org, and travelok.com.
If you happen to fall in love with the area, find yourself visiting year-after-year as often as many people do after their first visit, and want to see what home buying options are available for Starter homes – Vacation homes – Retirement homes – or just have questions, I would be glad to help – give me a call at 580-980-4226 or send me an email today.
Brian A. Allen is a new Realtor and is full of energy, excitement and zeal for every sale. He spent most of his career in marketing and now applies that skill set to the homes his clients want to sell. Click here to learn more about Brian A. Allen